No Bake Cookies
On my quest to get more things done on my 101 in 1001 list this month, I decided to check off another online recipe first thing! I ran into this No Bake Cookie recipe and knew I had to try it. Why? Because : I haven’t had a no bake cookie in way too long, they sounded amazing and (the best part) I already had every single ingredient. I could not be happier on how they turned out. Perfect and amazing would just start to describe them.
The recipe (with my personal spin on things):
- 2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup regular granulated and 1 cup organic non-bleached cane)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter (I used Earth Balance… I live off this lately… what’s butter again?)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I used 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter and 1/4 cup Justin’s Almond Nut Butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (my batch was perfect!)
- 3 cups oatmeal (old fashioned rolled oats, not instant)
Mix sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk in saucepan. Boil for 1 minute. Add peanut butter and vanilla. (Watch out when you put the vanilla in! Mine actually popped a little… may be because of the DIY factor?) Mix quickly until peanut butter melts and then add oatmeal. Mix until blended. Drop spoonfuls on tin foil, wax paper or parchment. Allow them to set and cool completely. (I put mine in the refrigerator.)
I’m not one for photography while I’m cooking. I’m really trying to get the hang of it but it’s just a mess. I’m so picky with my photography that the food would end up cold or burnt before I’d get the perfect photo. Anyways…. check out the original recipe if you’d like to see step by step photos.